"We call on the government to end the twin bans on same-sex civil marriages and opposite-sex civil partnerships. In a democratic society, everyone should be equal before the law. This means opening up civil marriages and civil partnerships in register offices and other licensed premises to all couples, gay and heterosexual, without discrimination."
Please note that this petition must only be signed by residents of the United Kingdom.
Latest SignatoriesLatest 25 signatories of 5185 total.
- [Name not displayed]. Cameron thinks opposite sex civil partnerships will undermine marriage. Doesn't say much for his faith!
- Geoffrey Goolnik
- Fiona Scrase. Like so many marriage is for for me however being in a legally recognised relationship that honours our commitment is. I wholehearted agree with civil partnerships to all.
- Emma-Jane Daly. I would not consider marriage. I would consider a civil partnership.
- [Name not displayed]. Support opposite sex civil partnerships
- Dominique Brady
- [Name not displayed]. Civil partnerships must be made available for heterosexual partners, for those with no need , reason or wish to be defined in terms of the gender roles husband and wife. It' about the declaration and recognition of commitment and love. Let's hear 'Spouses for life! ' for every one who wants to make that choice.
- Sheelah. Feel discriminated against for being straight. This is long overdue.
- Nia Campbell
- Sarah Miller
- Joanne Hall
- Helen Tomlinson
- christine woodward. I have been with my partner over 16 years and strongly believe that we should have the same rights as married couples and same sex civil partnerships. It is wrong to be told by lawyers that we need to get married for tax and inheritance purposes.
- Vicki elcoate. been together over 30 years and fed up with lawyers telling us to get married to sort out wills, pension, inheritance tax etc. never wanted to enter the institution of marriage but would happily sign up for legal status for our partnership.
- Nicky Britt
- Simon Russell. I do not want to be married and I do not want myself, my partner or our children to be discriminated against or unfairly disadvantaged in law and finance just because of our heterosexuality
- [Name not displayed]
- Callum John Hawthorne
- Emily Raven-Baker
- Judy Raven
- [Name not displayed]. No-brainer.
- Emma Taverner. My boyfriend and I have been together for nearly 30 years. Neither of us wants to get married (although we are fully supportive of same sex marriages), but if civil partnerships were available to us, we would definitely take advantage of them.
- [Name not displayed]. Long overdue, have felt discriminated against for years.
- Lynette Sherburne
After you have signed – TAKE ACTION
Email your MP & MEP
Please email your MP and MEPs. Ask them to write on your behalf to the Prime Minister, David Cameron, urging him to bring forward legislation to end the bans on gay civil marriages and heterosexual civil partnerships. You can find out who your MP and MEPs are, and email them direct, via this website: www.writetothem.com
Tell your friends