"We call on the government to end the twin bans on same-sex civil marriages and opposite-sex civil partnerships. In a democratic society, everyone should be equal before the law. This means opening up civil marriages and civil partnerships in register offices and other licensed premises to all couples, gay and heterosexual, without discrimination."
Please note that this petition must only be signed by residents of the United Kingdom.
Latest SignatoriesLatest 25 signatories of 5219 total.
- [Name not displayed]. Marriage does not suit our relationship, but we have been in a stable relationship for a decade. Would love to formalise our relationship through an equal civil partnership.
- Christian Lathom-Sharp
- Georgia Ellis
- Karen Osborne. My partner and I have been together for over 30 years (much longer than many marriages) and have 2 children. I find it offensive that our strong relationship is not recognised in the same way that it would have been had we taken part in an out dated ceremony that underpins the existing and ongoing patriarchal nature of our society.
- Rod Heyes
- Kanwal parveen
- Hannah Thompson
- Izaak Adam Connor
- Robyn Pond
- Jonathan Seyghal
- Paul Stamp
- TROY L ABRAHAM. The world shall be better if everyone is treated equally even LGBTQ.
- Ewa Sikorski. My partner and I are not religious, don't go to church, don't believe in a higher power. We do believe in equality for all and would love the chance to be united in the eyes of the law without the 'religious aspect' hanging over it.
- Frances Gilmore
- Wiktor Gorzynski. equality for all!
- Jennifer Riley
- Emma Massey
- Cumron. I love anal with my boyfriend
- [Name not displayed]
- Ella Bruccoleri
- [Name not displayed]
- [Name not displayed]. We are being denied the legal rights and protections of married couples because we beg to differ regarding the belief in marriage's "sanctity". It is blatant discrimmination and in a way it's also a
blackmail: get married or else face a lifetime of legal subjugation...
- Luke Blackburn
After you have signed – TAKE ACTION
Email your MP & MEP
Please email your MP and MEPs. Ask them to write on your behalf to the Prime Minister, David Cameron, urging him to bring forward legislation to end the bans on gay civil marriages and heterosexual civil partnerships. You can find out who your MP and MEPs are, and email them direct, via this website: www.writetothem.com
Tell your friends